What is Practice Success System and How it differs from Workshop or Program or a Course?
The Practice Success System is an action-based result oriented System, which is shared with attendees through Workshop, tailored stage of your practice.
The focus is on Making Business Easy and Real for doctors, covering What Matters and What Works for any Healthcare Business.
It is not just a workshop where you learn and brainstorm or a course where primary focus is on learning knowledge.
This System not only shares 6000 hours worth of essential knowledge in 16 hours but forces you to think in a different way, creating insightful perspectives. It is designed to create result-oriented action plans specific to your own practice. It further provides you with readily implementable tools so those action plans are put into practice and make your business goals a reality.
Why should doctors attend? Can only my Practice Manager attend as she manages the practice?
We acknowledge that many doctors have a good business acumen.
However, common feedback received from experienced and established practitioners is- “I should have known this 20 years ago, but atleast now I don’t have to say this after another 20 years”.
In most of our events, doctors and practice managers attend program together and do come up with on-the-spot solutions and reap most benefits. However, they can choose to attend separately as well.
Based on our interactions with many doctors, over many years, we developed this system so as to share in 16 hours ‘What Doctors Must Know about Practice and Financial Management’ and ‘How to implement it to get results’.
We incorporated inputs from many doctors regarding ‘what they want to know on ‘business side’ of the practice’ as well from savvy practitioners regarding ‘what made them successful’.
In nut shell, the content is created from a doctor’s/ decision maker’s perspective and attending doctors immensely benefit from the solutions provided to the non-clinical/business issues they have to deal with in addition to the clinical responsibilities.
It is a known fact that though many doctors delegate management of practice to Practice Managers, still ‘Practice itself is doctor’s responsibility’, like an operated patient is a surgeon’s responsibility even though many others- assistants, anesthetists, nurses- are involved in the procedure and care.
As an example of benefits offered, many doctors whether owner or employee feel more equipped to ask right questions to their accountant or financial planner, after they attend the Finance module.
Is this Workshop for me?
Knowing first-hand the different issues faced by today’s medical practitioners at each stage of practice, 4 workshops are specially designed for doctors in SPECIFIC STAGE OF THEIR PROFESSION, whether they are:
- General Practitioners
- Recent Fellow
- Medical Trainees,
- and their Practice Managers
Watch this short Video, to see who get the most out of this System?
The programs are tailored to suit different practice stages – Starting or Established- and are offered on different dates. So you can have opportunity to ask questions specific to your practice stage, within similar peer group.
Acknowledging the specific issues faced by Women in Medicine, we have one program that is designed for Women in Medicine.
If you are a Medical Practitioner, whether established in practice or wish to start new practice and are,
- Dedicated to enhance patient care
- Wish to know essential skills in Finance, Marketing and other business areas of your practice
- Wish to reduce advisor/accountant dependency or manage them effectively
- Aim to achieve full practice potential in a structured way
- Committed to professional excellence
- Aspire a balanced lifestyle
Then this program is designed for you to help you achieve these objectives.
How this System will benefit me?
This action-based System is designed to deliver results.
It’s not just theoretical knowledge, but comprehensive and stimulative workshop will help medical practitioners to enhance or at least preserve the value created by their hard work.
The 6 key benefits received by attending doctors are:
- Improve financial outcomes of their practice
- Realize proven pathways to grow their medical practice amidst increasing competition
- Get conversant with instantly usable tools for better investment and business decisions
- Know the right questions to ask themselves, their practice managers, accountants or other advisers
- Reduce non-clinical risks by improving Quality and Safety across Business side of their practice
- Learn skills to reduce advisor dependency or assess correctness of their advice
- Enhance patient care through improved practice performance and capabilities
- And, ofcourse personal wealth creation is a by-product.
Do you offer different workshops to suit specific practice stages?
This is a very valid question.
We understand that each practice faces different issues and opportunities, at different stage.
Therefore, we have different workshops to suit such specific requirements:
- Practice Growth Strategies for Established Practitioners- GPs and Specialists
- The workshop covers growth strategies, different marketing tactics and issues, risk management and financial aspects. Click here for details.
- Business Essentials for Doctors Starting practice- GPs and Specialists
- This workshop covers business essentials for those starting practice including finance, marketing and other essential aspects. Click here for details.
- Business Essentials for Women in Medicine
- This workshop addresses slightly different challenges women doctors face and covers finance, marketing, structuring from that perspective. Click here for details
- Marketing for Specialist Practices
- Specialists face different marketing challenges compared to GPs. This workshop addresses this challenge and explores solutions. Click here to request detail outline.
I am an established and successful doctor, why should I attend this Workshop?
If you are successful and established, that means you must have done right things at right time, sincere congratulations.
Many doctors who attend this workshop have atleast 10+ years of experience and are established practitioners.
As per their written feedback received, they get the most value out of this System as they can readily apply the new skills learnt to their practice, to take it to the next level – from Good to Great.
With due respect, the most common feedback we hear is “If I would have known this 20 years ago; I would not have done those mistakes then. Atleast I know this now”.
They acknowledge that much has changed in realm of medical practice and much is changing rapidly, and only way to adapt and manage this change is to continuously acquire new knowledge on business side of practice, like they do on clinical side. These workshops are to share a Practice Success System that works.
Another comfort these senior practitioners find in this workshop is it is purely educational with ‘no product selling’. Unlike most of other so called ‘educational events’ which try to sell something to doctors, we do not sell any further products or services.
Additionally, these workshops offers CPD points for attendees. Please visit CPD Entitlement page to see how many CPD points you can receive for attending this workshop for one or two days.
What makes this workshop different to others?
First of all, this is a Practice Success System, and not just a workshop or a course.
Watch this short video to know 3 key aspects of this System that makes it unique to other workshops or courses/ programs offered.
More key differentiating factors of our Practice Success System are:
- Only such workshop approved as CPD activity at one time by RACGP and almost all Specialist Colleges who approve such programs.
- The content is developed based on first-hand experience and understanding of challenges faced by doctors, as we own-operate a medical center.
- This is purely educational activity in sense that we share ALL what we know and what works for medical practice, without holding back anything. Our goal is that participants should walk away with more answers than questions (unlike ‘education-look alike’ workshops/courses conducted by advisory firms which are tactfully designed to generate more questions, to get more consulting work later from attending doctors).
- The content is developed on inputs by many senior practitioners regarding ‘what they want to know about practice management or business side of practice’.
- Unlike others, we provide Practical Knowledge and Instantly Usable, DIY Tools, so you can assess the correctness of advice given by your advisers.
- We guarantee ‘No further product selling’, as we understand that under garb of education, many such seminars are trying to sell something to doctors- either products or future consulting services.
- We many a times get expert speakers who provide practical content, with no intent of generating more work for them.
- This System is developed based on our proprietary STAR ® Model of Business Success.
- One hour telephone support to implement tools at your practice is included, which is sufficient to apply the key learned concepts.
Please read FAQ ‘What this System is NOT’.
What medical or business experience you have to offer such education for doctors?
This is a very important question.
The Practice Success System is developed and delivered by Sachin Joshi, based on his medical and diverse business experience and management knowledge.
Medical Industry Experience: Married to a doctor for 26 years, Sachin owns-operates 2 specialist centers in Newcastle-Hunter region for over 6 years. He has developed this System with additonal inputs from a panel of doctors involving Specialists and General Practitioners.
Sachin has also worked as consultant, advising many doctors on various business issues. This first hand experience in dealing with complex health business issues at different practices has added value while creating this System.
He had owned-operated a 30 bed fully equipped hospital in India for over 10 years.
Business Experience: Sachin has a diverse industry experience of over 20 years. His entrepreneurial ventures include Property Development, building over 200 apartments in India and Consulting to Local Government and small businesses in Australia.
He has worked as CEO managing 300 people and $250 Million P&L in India.
Management Credentials: Sachin’s such experience is coupled with cutting -edge management knowledge acquired during concurrently completing two Masters courses in Australia- MBA Executive from AGSM-UNSW (with Distinction) and Master of applied Finance from McQuarie University (with Credit). He is also graduate member of Australian Institute of Company Directors.
We hope it assures you of quality of the contents.
If you have read this, perhaps you can skip reading FAQ-‘Who delivers the workshops?’
I am not a practice owner, how do I benefit from this System?
Many doctors, not in private practice, also need to deal with financial and other non-clinical /management matters in their employment.
Watch this short video to see who will benefit the most?
All Doctors will definitely benefit from the solutions provided to the non-clinical/management issues they have to deal with in addition to the clinical responsibilities.
As an example, employed doctors or those working as contractors (self-employed) feel more equipped to ask right questions to their accountant or financial planner regarding their personal financial matters, after they attend the Finance module. They learn new skills regarding how to deal with colleague or staff issues in their work environment.
I am Practice Manager and have done other Practice Management courses. How do I benefit by attending this workshop?
While continually developing the content, our focus is maintained on ‘Rethinking Practice Management’.
Also please read FAQ #1 which explains how this Practice Success System is not just another workshop or a course.
The System will surely benefit practice managers and is quite different to conventional practice management courses offered elsewhere.
Most common feedback we have received from Practice Manager participants is “The newness and relevancy of the content exceeded my expectations”.
In our previous workshops, practice managers have attended with their doctors and have come up with new solutions during the events itself. Alternatively, they can attend individually as well.
Why Simplifying Business started these Workshops or developed this System?
Watch this short video to know the driving force behind creating this System.
I have very high respect for medical profession. I have worked in health industry for a long time as practice owner, manager of my wife’s practice as well as consultant.
Over these years, I observed that many doctors have a good business acumen. However, having acumen is not good enough due to rapidly changing environment of business of health.
If established doctors wish to take their practice to next level or if beginners wish to make a right start, they need a specific set of business skills to manage these changes effectively. Doctors being top 1% brainy people, are fast learners, however, such skills are not taught in med school or they are not available to learn in expected least amount of time.
Another disturbing trend observed is that many consultants- accountants, financial planners, wealth managers, marketing companies- try to take disadvantage of this gap in business knowledge. I continue to see many examples where time-poor doctors fall into the traps such advisers and experience expensive learning lessons.
Out of my respect and soft corner for this profession, I decided to come up with a System that can not only provide doctors with such fundamental business skills, in least amount of time, but will deliver Results. Plus these skills will equip them to reduce adviser dependency or atleast assess correctness of their advice.
The objective is with such skills doctors can preserve the value they create with their hard-work.
What This System/ Workshop IS And IS NOT
What this is NOT
X It is not just another course or workshop or program. (Please read FAQ#1 to know the key difference)
X Education based marketing run by so-called health experts consultants selling further advisory services or products
X Shallow knowledge content so you have to go back to these consultants to seek more answers
X Coverage of same stale topics
X Investment scheme or proposal
X Tick-box activity
X Programs filled with time wasters
Practice Success System is:
- A result-oriented System that works
- Shares essential Business skills, with readily implementable action-plans
- Endorsed by doctors for doctors, whether or not in private practice, at any stage of their Profession.
- Designed so that participants walk away with answers than leaving with more questions (unlike other education programs conducted by advisors which are designed to generate more questions so advisors can get more work and money from you).
- Intensive agenda, keeping in mind your time and money investment.
- Simplified and Customised Extract 6000+ hours of current, practical management
knowledge by management thought leaders by review of:
- 3000+ articles
- 100 management books ,
- Popular Management Tools
- Vast theoretical materials and Case-studies
- 22 year C-suite and Entrepreneurial experience in Property and
My college isn’t listed on the CPD page; does this mean I cannot attend the workshop or I don't get CPD points if I attend?
The workshop is approved as CPD activity by almost all Colleges who approve such activities by external providers.
Fellows and members of other Colleges who do not approve such activities by external providers for CPD, can most probably claim points as self directed learning under relevant category; please check with your own College re such CPD points.
We can also enquire with your College re CPD points if it is not in the list.
You promise no further product selling, but what if I need support for implementing concepts learnt here?
We share unique Practice Success System we know works and don’t hold back anything or leave you high and dry, to get more work from you.
We make sure that when you leave the room, you are confident and motivated to implement the action plans created over 2 days and start producing desired results on your own.
However we acknowledge that some practices may need some support to implement concepts/skills learnt here.
For such support, we can offer one hour phone consultation, without any cost, which is generally sufficient to provide positive direction regarding implementation of learned concept or tool.
However, only if you need more support, we are happy to discuss it with you. But we will not solicit extra work from you.
Do I have to attend two consecutive days or can split them at different times?
90% of our delegates attend 2 consecutive days. Most common feedback we receive at the end of second day is “Now I know why it is essential to attend both days together”.
However, you can complete the System as you wish. We offer flexible options below:
- Completing the whole System in 2 consecutive days
- Completing both days on different dates, at same or different venues
- Complete Day 1 or Day 2 only depending upon the content suitability
First Day covers:
- Essential building blocks of business
- Marketing in great depths
- People management or optional topic depending upon time
Second Day builds on first day and covers:
- Finance in good depth
- Growth Strategies
- Specific application to your practice
Request a detail outline here to assess which day suits your specific requirement.
Who is the presenter?
Practice Success System developer and main presenter
MBA (AGSM-Distinction), MFinance (MQ, Credit), GAICD, BE (Civil), Change Facilitator
With passion for Simplification and thorough understanding of issues faced by doctors in private practice, Sachin started developing unique Practice Success System in 2014, to make their private practice a more rewarding experience.
In prior 20 years, Sachin’s career highlights include CEO role managing 300 people, and entrepreneurial ventures in property and other industries.
Sachin’s cross-industry experience is complemented with knowledge acquired
in concurrently completing 2 Masters programs in Sydney. Graduate member of AICD, he also own-operates 2 Medical Centres in Newcastle-Hunter region.
If interested in knowing more about us, please read ‘Our Story‘ in About Us section.
We sometimes invite experts on various topics like Finance, Risk management, Medico-legal to provide valuable insights into most current topics.
Dr. Sneha Joshi, shares her valuable personal insights as a guest speaker in Women in Medicine workshop.
What is 100% Money Back Guarantee
We truly believe in ability of our Practice Success System to add tremendous value to your private General or Specialist practice.
Therefore, we will refund full program fees if you attend the program for half a day and are unsatisfied with the content or think its is not for you.
You will only have to professionally inform us prior to lunch and return the hard copy materials, to receive the full refund of paid fees after deducting hotel’s day charges.
In such circumstances, we will not refund any additional, travel or hotel costs incurred. As the hotel is booked months in advance, we do not get any refund on day charges booked and therefore can not provide any refund on day charges.
What are the costs involved in attending?
- Workshop materials inclusive of 300+ page binder as your life-long resource
- Predisposing and Reinforcing activities, case studies, action plan templates
- Lifelong access to online program updates (coming soon)
- Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea at a 5 Star hotel
- Networking events
- One hour telephone support for implementing tools for your practice
Fees for Face to Face mode attendance fees per participant:
- $1,500 + GST per day – & $2800 + GST for 2 days.
- Early Bird Discounts upto 40% : Call 02 4933 4646 for group discount offers.
*Spouses whether or not involved in practice management are welcome to participate 2 days program in classroom if do not have professional conflict of interest with workshop provider, at nominal extra cost of $250 per day. Please note education materials are not provided to spouse participants.
* For spouse who is a doctor, full offered rates apply, as they are provided with education materials.
*For Practice managers attending with doctors, full offered rates apply, as they are provided with education materials.
Do you offer any other workshops/ courses?
We offer half-day and full-day courses on 17 management topics. Full list of these courses is available on our online learning platform (under development) www.themedicalpractice.com.au.
Top Ten Courses for Successful Enterprise
- Building Business
- Powering Growth Strategy
- Becoming Better Leaders
- Managing People
- Mastering Marketing
- Finance Fundamentals
- Meaningful Business Planning
- KPIs That Matter
- Governance Essentials
- Operational Excellence
Seven Effective Courses of Self-Management
- Making Better Decisions
- Improving Productivity
- Effective Meetings
- Fruitful Negotiations
- Persuasive Presentations
- Maximising Teamwork
- Art of Career Control
Do you have an option for online learning?
Based on feedback from over 100+ participants, face-to-face mode is most preferred than online.
However, we acknowledge that some doctors may prefer online learning due to convenience.
Our online learning platform is under development. Please register your interest if you prefer online course.
What is your cancellation policy?
We acknowledge that due to unforeseen circumstances, you might have to cancel the booking.
In such unlikely event, if such cancellation is within 30 days of course, we will refund full amount paid.
Alternatively, you can transfer your booking to subsequent course dates or to your colleagues.
For unlikely event of cancellation within 30 days of course dates, full refund is not possible as we have already incurred venue and other costs, but will discuss it on case by case basis.
“3 doctors and me attended from Townsville area. Great forum to learn from peers as well”.
General Practice Manager for 25 years
Hilton, Sydney 25-26 Aug, 2017